“God grant me the creativity and willingness to make the most of the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
- Debra Russell’s take on the Serenity Prayer
Today we have a very special article and interview I’ve been dying to publish for months (plus there are a few free tool downloads down below too!).
Life is not meant to tackle on your own!
Which brings us to today’s topic…
Who’s Debra Russell?
Most of us know who the author of Awaken The Giant Within is. In fact, most of us have learned a ton from him and his work. His stuff has changed my world in more ways than I can count — from starting the businesses I have to switching to eating mostly plants, and plenty of things in between.
But as I’ve realized the power of teams, I’ve come to pay more attention to the people who support the rock stars.
Many of you probably hadn’t heard of Debra Russell until earlier this week.
She gave top-tier support to one of the top personal growth figures for decades.
She was the one on stage pumping up over 4,000 people at his live events and changing their lives when he wasn’t on stage.
She was one of his biggest coaches and the general manager of his company for years.
She’s known him for 29 years … and somewhere along the way, even decided to jump ship to dance tango in Argentina for three years.
Maybe you didn’t know that she used to be a hair stylist who never graduated from high school, was married at 16, was a mother by 18 and had zero direction…
But then she figured a few things out.
Debra is living proof that anything is possible. Even the things people don’t even know how to dream about.
And I am honored to introduce her today as my good friend, trusted mentor and support person in more ways than I could list.
This is an interview I have been wanting to publish for years. And with us in the heart of goal-setting season, the timing is perfect.
I first met Debra as a neighbor and friend in Santa Barbara. Within a few months I managed to convince her to take me on as a client, and she’s been my coach for all things life and business ever since I quit my job back in 2008.
The experiences she has had and the depth at which she understands people and the issues we face will blow your mind. Her stories are also pretty hilarious.
She’s opened my world to more possibility and dreams than one could imagine. I don’t believe LYL or many other things in my life could have seen the light of day without her.
And today happens to be her birthday, so please send some love her way!
Here’s a taste of what we cover:
- How to go from cutting hair to leading his 4,000 person seminars — the ultimate Connect with Anyone story!
- How to set goals you can actually achieve — and the power of the big vision
- How to keep momentum for a massive project long after the honeymoon phase dies
- When big goals will help you, when they’ll kill you and how to know the difference
- Her ultimate productivity hacks and a very powerful Weekly Planning Process still used to this day (very similar to the one we offer in the LYL Passionate Work Toolkit)
- Why she absolutely hated planning, how it almost made her quit and how it later created the ultimate freedom
- Leaving her general manager position to dance tango in Argentina for 3 years — and then pick up right where she left off
- The biggest pitfall that causes people to fail at finding their dream job
- The criteria that makes doing work you love all but guaranteed
- Her exact goal-setting and goal-achieving process
- One practice that will allow you to charge any price you want for your services
- And … some stories that will blow your mind and have you in hysterics all at the same time
Now it’s time to party. Grab your favorite tea, shut off your phone and enjoy the show!
Oh and be sure to watch until the end to get access to some of Debra’s most powerful online tools, that she’s making available for free just for all of just. Damn, this woman is the best!
Debra Russell Reveals How to Achieve the Goals Most Only Dream
Was that Helpful? Download Debra’s Free Tools Exclusively for LYL
God, that was SO much fun to film! I hope it helped.
It is such an honor to have Debra so squarely in my corner and in the corner of the whole Live Your Legend community. And it’s a good thing, because none of this would exist without her.
As the Ubuntu saying goes, “I am what I am because of who we all are.”
Thank you, Debra.
You’ve had more of an impact than you could ever realize.
And to further show you how awesome she is, Debra has created a whole set of free resources just for our community.
- Her free book: Thirty Days to Greater Success, Fun & Fulfillment
- Her 45-minute audio program, How to Get Anything You Want in Five Easy Steps
- The Science of Getting Rich
- The Science of Being Great
And if you’re at all interested in hiring Debra as your coach, you can find all the details via the links above. I’m not getting anything for promoting her. I just love her way of helping people and I hope it can do the same for you. You won’t regret it.
I’ll end this with the same words Debra pounds into my head every time we talk …
Remember to always enjoy the ride!
For the Comments: Do you have questions for Debra? Please leave them below and she’d be happy to respond. Email readers click here.