Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, Outsource Your Life and Join the New Rich: Updated 4-Hour Work Week
I have realized something in the past three years since I read Tim’s first book: Timothy Ferriss is an absolute genius. The more I live by his suggestions and I experience the things he writes about and learn the tricks to better enjoy life, the more I realize that he literally must be one in a 100 million. My life has drastically changed since I read his first edition (for the better of course) and I have Tim to thank for a lot of it.
I met Tim in Omaha for Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting in 2007. I managed to track him down after he of course was one of the chosen few out of the 31,000+ shareholders to ask the Oracle a question. No surprise. That was a fun chat Tim. The timing was perfect as it was only weeks before saying goodbye to my job at the time and giving life a real go.
A short list of life ocurrences that I credit Tim with:
- Outsourcing much of my work to India for $3-5/hr, anything from finding a Valentine’s day gift in a pinch to locating the lowest cost custom wallpaper company on the web to cruching numbers for a investment project
- Applying Pareto’s 80/20 Principle to most areas of my life resulting in more time than I knew what to do with
- Doubling the traffic to my website in less than a month
- Quitting my job to find something more meaningful
- Launching a career of my own–or should I a say an outcropping of careers
- Owning 100% of my calendar
- Inspiring others to do the same
- Forming a relationship with Warren Buffett and his lovely assistant Debbie
- The list goes on…
~Reading for Your Success
- www.fourhourworkweek.com –Tim’s companion site
Other books and articles you might enjoy: