Make 2013 Matter: The New Goal Setting and Action Workbook Is Live! (Download A Free Copy)
“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we hit it.”
The Big New Years Announcement: To celebrate 2013 and the official opening of goal-setting season, today I’m releasing the totally free (and newly designed) 2013 Goal Setting and Action Workbook.
Last year this was downloaded over 18,000 times in a matter of weeks and is consistently the #1 thing people thank me for.
The best part? It’s 100% free to you. Like totally free. No email required. No nothin’. Just a good old fashioned no-strings-attached gift.
This is how we do things at Live Your Legend. Over 95% of what we offer is totally free and we promise to do everything in our power to make our tools as useful and directly applicable as possible.
And with what we have planned in the weeks and months to come, I promise you this is just a taste. It’s just one of the many free tools in our Passionate Work Toolkit that’s available to every email subscriber.
Read on for a recap of 2012 and a hint of what’s to come this year, or download the full 2013 Goal Setting and Action Workbook by clicking here.
Some people claim they don’t need to set goals to make big progress.
I am NOT one of them.
For me, progress towards my dreams comes from thinking big and then laying together the tiny steps linking where I am now to the sometimes seemingly-impossible place I aspire to be.
I remember walking into my dad’s office when I was about fourteen. It was January 1st and he had been at his desk all day.
The odd thing was all he was doing in there was writing thoughts and ideas on a pad of paper. No computer. No Internet. Just dreams of the future.
At first I made fun of him. In fact it took at least a few more years before I adopted that very same ritual.
Now the beginning of January is something I anticipate with about the same excitement as I did for Christmas as a five-year-old.
I absolutely love setting goals – almost as much as I love working towards making them real.
2012 was a hell of a year. Other than marrying Chelsea in 2010, last year was by far the most proud, exciting and surreal year of my life. And much of it had to do with all of you…
- Our community grew from 10,000 to over 25,000 members
- Over people 1,000 joined our Live Off Your Passion community
- We held our first Live Your Legend LIVE event at Samovar Tea Lounge (many more to come)
- You all voted for me to speak at The World Domination Summit and as a result I was later invited to the TEDx stage in San Francisco (which somehow managed to hit over 130k views in the first month)
- We launched our biggest, most involved and game-changing project in the history of my life: How to Connect with Anyone, and our first sold-out class consisted of nearly 300 people from 25 countries between 16 and 65 years old
- We added a few much-needed members to the Live Your Legend team (I’ll announce the full LYL team in an upcoming post)
- Some colleagues and I may have finally discovered a way to better blend together my efforts at LYL and our investment fund, to help people with their finances who just quit their job, or are about to, to pursue their dreams (more on that soon too!)
- I spent three weeks touring Turkey with 10 of my closest friends, while running Live Your Legend – It was on the beach in Oludeniz where the Passionate Work Framework was solidified
- Hundreds of people have written to share their stories of finally deciding to pursue what matters
- Live Your Legend turned into the movement I’d always dreamed of
It’s hard to believe that even one or two of these things happened in a year (my lifetime goal for this site used to be to hit 1,000 members…), but I believe things happened as they did for two reasons.
- You all decided to support, believe in and stand behind our movement (Not a single item above would have happened without your support), and
- Every one of the above started as a written goal of mine.
Some were very specific, with weekly and daily actions, and others were general big thinking visions.
But they all started somewhere.
Visions and Goals Make the Impossible a lot More Probable
Sure, you can make progress without them. And some people do. There’s even a rare breed that has the motivation and creativity to thrive by intentionally not setting goals.
But for the great majority of the world, your odds of success (however you define it) go up dramatically if you spend time thinking of the world you want to create for yourself and those around you.
As always, it’s on us to control the things that are in our control.
And the more obvious the path is, the more likely it is that the world will walk it.
So that’s why every year I release an updated version of The Live Your Legend Goal Setting and Action Workbook.
Yesterday morning I spent about 90 minutes on a Skype call with the ex General Manager of Tony Robbins’ company.
She’s worked with him for the past 29 years and she also happens to be my personal and business coach (and my savior in more ways than I can list).
I interviewed her on the exact goal-setting process that her and Tony have been using for decades, and the same one I’ve been using for years thanks to what they’ve taught me. The video will be coming later this month, but for now I want to share that exact process.
After being asked about goals by thousands of people on Live Your Legend, a few years ago I decided to create a master resource. An exact step-by-step workbook for the goal setting process I go through every year.
And this year I took it a step further. I reworked the process, added quotes and big ideas for each section and even hired a designer to take it to the next level.
The result is an 11-step, 28-page interactive workbook that has served as my compass for as long as I can remember.
My biggest goal at Live Your Legend is to provide over-the-top value that can dramatically and immediately begin to get you towards the things that matter most to you. And as many of you know, there are only two products/courses we sell on Live Your Legend.
This is not one of them.
As my gift to you guys and as a show of how deadly important I believe it is to set visions, goals and intentions for what you most want out of life, I am giving you this totally for free. You don’t even have to provide your email.
All you have to do is click the download link below and it’s all yours.
All I ask in return are two things:
1. That you actually take the time and use it. What’s the use in me spending weeks and hundreds of dollars to create a tool that just collects dust on a hard drive? Do something with it!
2. Please forward or email this blog post and workbook to one or two people who you think could really benefit from it.
To make it easy you can use the “Email” link at the end of this post.
Just copy this as your subject line: “You’ve gotta see this free goals workbook.”
And write this in the email:
You gotta check this out. Scott Dinsmore at Live Your Legend just released the 2013 version of his Goal Setting & Action Workbook. It is a totally free download. Very worth spending some time with. I’m following the full process this year.
Here’s the link: http://liveyourlegend.net/free-2013-goal-setting-guide
Enjoy and let’s trade some notes once we’ve both gone through it!
Together We Can Set Goals that Will Change the World
I will be spending the next few days locked in a room with nothing but this workbook and a few large whiteboards to plan out much of 2013.
I seriously cannot wait!!
I hope you will take some time to do the same.
Please share this with those who need it
While this download is completely free, in return I ask that you please share it with at least one person you feel could genuinely benefit from it. Use the “Email” button to email this article to someone. They’ll thank you.
Most people are dying to pursure their dreams. They just need the right nudge.
You can be that nudge.
Thanks for spreading the word and here’s to taking 2013 by storm!
P.S. Block off a few hours or a day this weekend to fill this out, because next week I’ll share all my big plans for 2013 and I hope you’ll be ready to do the same…