“A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one’s own path, not chasing after the dreams of others.”
And to surrounding yourself with supportive and inspiring friends and a community that makes it possible.
As Chin-Ning says, each one of us has our own path to pursue. I started this movement because I was so taken aback by the template the world was trying to shove me into. I knew that a better way existed.
I didn’t want to do something just because it had been done that way before. So I didn’t.
It took a few trips around the world and some unforgettable experiences and business pursuits, but it’s finally clear.
I’m here to help you discover what makes you come alive and help you do your own impossible. Life is meant to be lived with adventure, doing things that matter – both to you and to the world.
If you’re a new visitor, there is a lot to sort through (100’s of free articles, tools and posts, in fact). So let this be your beginner’s guide to building a career around work that actually excites you. (For more about me and this adventure, head over to the About Page.)
Another awesome start is by joining our free community and checking out the Passionate Work Toolkit – my gift to anyone who becomes a Living Legend by subscribing to free weekly article updates. You’ll get a 70-page eBook and all kinds of other good stuff to help you find and do work you love. That will keep you busy for a while.
The best way to get through all this is by knocking off a few posts at a time. Don’t do it all at once.
So why don’t we start where people have found the most value?
*Note: the sidebar to the right has a dynamic list of the most popular posts too.
And in case that’s still not enough, here’s a full list of all our past articles.
I’m a 31-year-old entrepreneur, coach, ultra-runner and travel photographer obsessed with adventure, life experiments and learning. I also have a small problem listening to authority.
I’m on a mission to change the world by helping people find what excites them and build a career around the work only they are capable of doing. Ten years ago, a demoralizing experience at a Fortune 500 job launched me on a quest to understand why 80% of adults hate the work they do, and more importantly, to identify what the other 20% were doing differently.
My research led to experiences with thousands of employees and entrepreneurs from 158 countries. I distilled the results down to our Passionate Work Framework – three surprisingly simple practices for finding and doing work you love, and they all happen to be completely within our control. You can see the full framework by watching my TEDx talk on How to Find and Do Work You Love.
I have a fundamental belief that drives everything we do at Live Your Legend: We are all meant to make a difference. And environment is absolutely everything. The fastest way to change your outcome is to change your surroundings.
I live in San Francisco, recently married to my college sweetheart, and we get out and explore the world as much as absolutely possible.
If you want more on me, the longer version can be found on the About Scott page.
The only thing left is to join Our Revolution. If you like what you read and are looking to build a career around work that actually matters, you’re not alone. I hope you’ll subscribe to our free article updates, which I write at least once or twice a week. You’ll also get the free Passionate Work Toolkit, which includes my 70-page Finding Freedom eBook and all kinds of other good stuff to help you do work that matters. Check out all you’ll get here or just enter your email below.
This is going to be fun!