Average Read Time: 6 minues
Last week I had the pleasure of interviewing Roger Dawson, author of Secrets of Power Negotiating
, after he saw my review a few weeks ago. Roger has earned the reputation of world-class negotiator from decades of life experience, teaching and writing. The tools packed in this interview were amazing. I hope you benefit from them as much as I have. Here are the questions we cover:
1. What has been the most consistently valuable and versatile technique that you've found in your years of negotiating?
2. What are your best tips for salary negotiation or pre-hire interview/job acceptance negotiating?
3. How do your techniques differ in the age of digital, online and virtual communication?
4. How important do you feel rapport, matching/mirroring, etc are in a negotiation? How would you employ these?
5. If your readers could only learn and use one of your techniques for the rest of their lives, what would it be?