21 Oct Ask the Reader: What Words Inspire You? (winner goes on the new LYL shirt & gets a free one!)
We’re creating new LYL shirts – and I want you to design them!
Fun news today! We just released a new comment system on LYL that I think is going to make it a lot more engaging for our community to interact with each other, share ideas and join in on discussions. And to celebrate that, we’re launching a comment contest like we’ve never done…
And the winning comment will end up as the design of our next Live Your Legend shirt!
Here’s all you have to do to participate:
- Leave your favorite short inspirational quote, saying or phrase as a comment. It should relate to the LYL movement of finding and doing work you love, surrounding yourself with the people who make it possible and making your difference in the world – the more creative, the better! You’re welcome to leave up to three separate sayings, but be sure you leave them as separate comments. Since these are going on a shirt, try to keep them under 10 words, and ideally only 2-5 words.
- Vote on at least two other comments that resonate with you (and leave a comment on at least one of them). Your comment will not count unless you vote on other comments. Vote by clicking the up arrow at bottom left of each comment that looks like this “^”. Please be kind and don’t use the down arrow – no sense in making others feel badly.
- The comment with the most votes from all of you wins – and will be designed onto the next run of LYL shirts in the coming weeks!
- If you’re the winner, you get a free shirt! In fact, you’ll get two free shirts. 🙂
Even if you don’t win, your inspiring saying might still be used on future shirts or posts, so give this your best effort!
Why am I doing this?
Because more than anything, Live Your Legend is a community. Far and away the biggest factor that separates LYL from so many other sites on the web is, well… YOU. You are the LYL Family, Movement & Revolution.
Blogs are traditionally one-way streets, and I’ve never liked that. The real power in having over 100,000 Living Legends from every country in the world is the brilliance and magic you all have to share with each other (and me!).
That’s why we built our Connect With Anyone private community and forum, why we have multiple Facebook groups for creativity and accountability and why my team and I have poured our heart and soul into the Live Your Legend LOCAL movement and the huge updates and new technology coming in the next few weeks. It’s also why everything we’ve built has started from you all asking for it.
Which is the reason I’ve also spent much of the past month redesigning the LYL site – for the first time since launch over 3 years ago – which should go live in the next few weeks! (A huge thanks to Corbett and Chase at Fizzle who are doing the real genius work.)
And it’s why we’ve added this new comment system that, in conjunction with our other projects, should help make the discussion much more two-way.
So that’s why I’m asking you to design the next version of the LYL shirt. You all are incredibly talented and together, you have a lot more fantastic ideas than one person ever could. And because I want you to feel as deeply connected to our movement and revolution as possible. After all, we are family here!
Once our new shirts are designed, we all can go out across the world and photograph ourselves having Living Legend adventures in our new threads – kinda like the pic of me above on a longtail boat headed toward Maya Bay in Thailand or the one below from a fly fishing trip with my dad in Eastern Russia.
Now let’s get to it!
- Click here to leave your 1-3 inspiring sayings or quotes as comments.
- Vote (and comment) on at least two others.
- Become a part of the future of LYL!
I cannot wait to see your comments – and to watch LYL continue to transform into its own ecosystem of community, connection and potential. That’s always been my dream.
In case you’re wondering, here’s some of the cool stuff coming up in the next 3 months for LYL:
- Totally redesigned website and community experience – including all new in-depth LYL Transition Case Studies from our community members
- Launch of a brand new technology platform for LYL Local
- An invitation to apply to become a LYL Local host in your hometown
- A very comprehensive and open article on My 2014 Stress Management Campaign
- A new workshop on how to make your first $1,000 using your talents & passions (while still working full time)
- The second annual LYL Local global party with meetups on the same day all across the world – which will kick off the trip Chelsea and I are taking around the world to visit many of you!
- And a few other things…
And guess what? With the exception of the workshop, all of this will be totally free to you. Hope you like it. 🙂
I just left my inspiration idea as the first comment.
And here are a few more in-the-field pics. The first one is during a fly fishing trip with my dad deep in the Kamchatka Peninsula in Eastern Russia – don’t worry, it’s all catch and release (they barely even let you touch the fish out there – with monsters like this I can certainly understand why!)…
And two of our closest friends, who I roped into a little shoot last weekend: Jared (my roommate from Sevilla) and Cheryl (my high school Junior Prom date)…
Now, inspire us with your comment below!
Oh, and if you like the LYL shirts in these pictures, we only have a few left.