20 Aug How to Connect with Absolutely Anyone (the only guide you’ll need – early access)
“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Make them count.”
― Jim Rohn
**Email Reader’s: Please click here to read this on Live Your Legend to get free access to what I mention below. Unfortunately you can’t access it via email – tech constraints, sorry. Enjoy!
Today I have a super exciting announcement…
I am officially announcing the pre-launch of our upcoming How to Connect with Anyone course.
And I want to give you a chance to join our exclusive Pre Launch Insider’s Team – to get discounted access long before it goes public (as well as some free tools & the chance to tell me exactly what you want it to include – more on that below).
This has been on my mind for a while and I could not think of better timing, especially with our first ever (sold-out) Live LYL event happing in San Francisco in a week from today (where the sole purpose is to connect passionate people).
We have a lot of fun things coming up (those of you who were a part of our the Pre-Launch Team for Live Off Your Passion, have an idea of what I’m talking about). But for now I want to tell you a bit more about the How to Connect with Anyone course and be sure you get the chance to join our Insider’s Team.
You can join by entering your name and email below (if reading in email, please click here). More info below.
The right people can change your world.
The people we surround ourselves with are more important than any other single factor when it comes to doing work you love – or accomplishing anything meaningful for that matter.
They change our belief of what’s possible. Simply put, they take us from “how could I possibly do this” to “how could I possibly not.”
This site and business was stagnant for the first four years straight – zero growth. Then within six months of meeting people doing what I’d only dreamed about, Live Your Legend grew by 10x. A year later it had grown by over 160x. With that, a dream turned into a business.
The people you surround yourself with have more power than you realize. There is no bigger life hack. No bigger way to fill the gap between what is and what could be, than the people next to you.
And it’s not just about connecting with well-known, famous A-listers.
Sure I’ve gotten the chance to interact with some fun people over the years including exchanges with Warren Buffett, Seth Godin and Tony Robbins, working out with Tim Ferriss, taking tequila shots with Keith Ferrazzi and building meaningful friendships with guys like Simon Sinek and Leo Babauta. And that’s been awesome. Some have even become close friends. (Plus, who wouldn’t want to hang out with Taylor Swift for example? Not me, I swear ;))
But what makes the real difference is the people you surround yourself with every single day.
While it’s fun to meet the people everyone’s heard about, to be honest, what has made by far the biggest difference in my success, enjoyment and fun, are the everyday passionate people I surround myself with. Those who put me on an entirely different level. They aren’t necessarily the names you’ve heard, but they are the ones that get me to do what I used to think was impossible.
That’s what people miss. It’s not about the celebrity you happened to get a picture with at some event. It’s about the people you go home to and show that picture to the next day. It’s the people you interact with on a daily basis that make all the difference.
How to Connect with Anyone is designed to do both – to connect you with the people you’ve always wanted to meet, and more importantly, how to build a world-class network of peers, mentors and supporters to help you accomplish the things that matter.
The people next to you control your potential.
It turns out there’s actually a name for this phenomenon. It’s called Social Facilitation. Back in 1898 Norman Triplett did a study that showed cyclists could cycle faster when next to other cyclists, than just when on a course alone with a stopwatch. There were plenty more experiments that followed. They all proved the same thing…
Surroundings matter. And they matter a lot.
Jim Rohn was not just giving us fluff when he said “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
It’s a fact.
The people around you will either facilitate your dreams or kill them.
And it’s 100% in our control. But it’s on us to control it – to create the most inspiring surroundings possible.
But many of us aren’t doing that.
With over 80% of the world hating their jobs, unfortunately most of us are in a toxic environment. Complacency and mediocrity are being reinforced on a widespread level (another reason for our in-person event next week!).
With How to Connect with Anyone, I am determined to change that.
I hope you’ll join our Pre-Launch Insider’s Team by entering your name and email below, or keep reading for a bit more of my rant 😉
Check out these crazy statistics:
In the past few months I’ve been doing surveys, case studies and interviews on this very topic. I’ve collected data from over 10,800 people…
- Over 93% of you said you believed the people you surround yourself with are critical to success
- Yet over 53% of you said you were not proud of your network
- 50% of you don’t admire or respect your boss
- 41% don’t trust or enjoy spending time around your coworkers
- over 40% said that the people you spend the most time around do not support and encourage your ideas and dreams
- 85% said you felt you were not living up to your potential
- And over 99% of you believe you could be doing a better job of surrounding yourself with passionate and successful people
This scares me – and it tells me something…
We know how important it is to connect with the right people. We know how many things could be possible if we changed our surroundings. We’ve heard stories of the changes people have made, the businesses they’ve built, the weight they’ve lost, the lovers they’ve met, and the things they’ve experienced – just as a result of connecting with the right people.
Yet so few of us know how to tackle it. We have all kinds of reasons why we don’t reach out and make the connections we could – we don’t live in a big city, we’re an introvert, we’re not worthy, we have nothing to offer, we don’t know where to start…
So we do nothing. And the gap between dreams and reality widens.
But how do you surround yourself with these passionate people?
That’s the magic question.
And over the past months and years I’ve had countless people ask me how to build the relationships that make the difference.
I’ve learned it over years of reading piles of books, studying social dynamics, communication, rapport building, taking seminars and constantly experimenting. Oh and most importantly I have a crazy passion for meeting people and making new friends (in case you couldn’t tell ;)).
I know it can seem like they all know each other, champion each other and feels hard to break into these “inner circles.”
But it turns out it’s a lot simpler and more straight-forward than you’d think.
But you have to know the right approach.
So I’ve decided to put everything I’ve learned (with the help of some other world-class experts) into an interactive course designed to show you the specific steps, tactics and strategies for building a world-class network of peers, mentors and supporters to help you accomplish the things that matter.
It will include specific scripts, dialogues, videos, presentations, case studies and activities all focused on making genuine connections with the passionate people you need in your corner so you can become a part of their “inner circle” in a natural and honest way.
Even if you’re an introvert, feel a little shy, don’t know what to say, live in an isolated environment or feel like you have nothing to offer – I am creating this course with you in mind.
Some of the key ways I hope the course will help:
- Figuring out who you actually want and need in your corner in the first place, then where to find them, both online and in-person
- Finding, joining and creating your group of passionate people in your hometown, no matter how isolated you are
- How to find a way to offer unique value to anyone, so you can make the relationship win/win
- Connecting for Introverts 101: Making connections fun and natural even if you’re a little (or a lot) shy
- How to get noticed and be memorable in today’s world of a million emails, tweets and friend requests
- Ways for making easy and engaging conversation so you won’t have to have that awkward first chat with someone you were hoping to impress
- A process for transitioning away from unhealthy and unsupportive friends and colleagues
- Leveraging the web and social media for connecting with the people that seem impossible to reach
- Word-for-word scripts that have been proven to get past gatekeepers, get meetings and get quick email responses
- Heart-felt ways to follow-up and maintain a relationship past the first chat (without being annoying or feeling like a stalker ;))
- From acquaintance to genuine friend – how to make the people you care about a meaningful part of your life for the long-term
We’ll put a pure focus on in-person real-life application and contact
This is where I hope for this course to really shine. You don’t meet people by learning theory. The action happens by getting out there. We will be purely focused on making contact.
Especially away from the computer and into the real world. Real connections and relationships do not happen online. They do not happen behind a computer screen. Sure, that’s where they can start, but that’s still just the start.
We will put a deep focus on actually getting live and in-person with people as often as possible.
This is where the real connections happen.
As you can probably see, I am SUPER fired up about this course and I think it will help a lot. If you think it’s something you could use, I’d love for you to join our Insider’s Team.
As part of the Pre-Launch Insider’s Team you’ll get:
- Early access to the course as a founding member (before it’s announced to the public or on Live Your Legend) and the chance to buy the course at a nice discount
- A suite of free tools & bonuses in the weeks to come including a special report on The 7 Pillars of Connecting with Absolutely Anyone & the Passionate Relationship Audit
- A chance to win a copy of the course before it launches
- Most importantly, the opportunity to provide feedback and mold the course to be as useful for you as possible – I want your fingerprints on this thing!
Who’s this for:
- Anyone who knows how important your environment and relationships are, but isn’t sure how to build the ones you need
- The shy introvert who is terrified to approach new people
- Those who feel geographically isolated (yes, you can build genuine in-person relationships with passionate people even if you don’t live in Portland, San Francisco or New York ;))
- People interested in building genuine relationships with inspiring people in your hometown as well os online
- Those not sure how to stand out and get in touch with the influencers in their industry
- Those willing to follow a proven process for connection that makes this stuff actually Fun!
Here’s some of what the course will include:
- An interactive online curriculum with weekly modules and coursework
- Specific word-for-word scripts, dialogues, videos, presentations, case studies and activities that focuses on taking action and actually making contact
- A team of experts and top connectors who share their best strategies for standing out and building meaningful relationships both online and in-person
- An ongoing community to share your experiences, ask questions and get feedback
By the way, this is NOT a course on “networking”
I want to be very clear here. This is not a guide on how to “work a room” and collect business cards. Screw that. Most of the action happens in the real world, making genuine and lifelong connections and friendships, not in some stuffy conference room. That’s also probably why I can’t stand the word “networking.” It completely dehumanizes things.
This is also not a guide on how to manipulate people to get what you want out of them in your race to the top. I doubt that’s you, but if it is, please look elsewhere for such tools.
Everything comes back to making genuine connections
I’m creating this course to help you make real, honest connections with the people who will enrich your life, business and personal (and likely both at the same time).
If that’s your thing then I hope you’ll join us.
I knew no one when I started out.
Literally no one. I had no special connections. No family members who introduced me. Nothing.
But over the past few years I’ve been able to create an environment that has made some pretty crazy things possible.
Now I couldn’t imagine what I’d do without them.
Nobody successful does it on their own. Nobody. They all have someone in their corner (and likely a whole team). The question is, who’s in yours?
Connecting is a skill that can be learned. And I really hope we can help.
I can’t wait to show you more.
Here’s to connecting with the passionate people who can make all the difference,
**Important Note: The course is not yet available to purchase and will only be offered to a small group of people for a limited time. That’s why I want to be sure you join our Insider’s Pre-Launch Team if you’re even a bit curious to learn more.
I hope you’ll come join us and be a part of what’s going to be a ton of fun!
Just enter your email here:
P.S. In July I gave a talk on How to Connect with Anyone to a packed room at the World Domination Summit in Portland. It was a total blast. I also recently got an awesome story from a participant, Erica, that I wanted to share with you (who happens to be one of those shy introverts).
P.P.S. Keep an eye out next week for our first ever Living Legend’s Reader Spotlight – where I will feature 10-15 of the most inspiring stories of our readers Living Their Legends. I can’t wait!
And for those of you joining us live in SF on the 28th – get ready for some fun 🙂