05 Dec How to Make the Right Decision Even When Things are ‘Right’
Happy holiday time of year my friends!
I’ve been a busy little entrepreneur elf over here updating all of our end of year tools to release soon but wanted to kick off the month with a big hit of inspiration!
Some of you have been here for many years and some of you are brand new to us, but no matter where you are on your journey there is going to be a time where you are faced with a question to make the ‘right’ decision. Sometimes that decision is clear, and a change is in order. But other times, we find ourselves in a place where everything is seemingly ‘right’ on paper (or to others!)—but it all feels so very wrong… and in those times, it can be tough to do what’s actually right, for ourselves, rather than for the world around us.
That’s why I am absolutely thrilled to be sharing a discussion I had with Jill Stanton of Screw the Nine to Five. I casually had a call with her the other week and was so inspired by her story, I asked if she might be willing to come back and record a discussion for all of you about how she recently made a decision to do the right thing, even when things were seemingly very right.
I have no doubt you’ll walk away with a little more courage and inspiration after hearing Jill’s story. Other highlights include:
- How Jill went from bartender and unsuccessful model (as she put it, haha!) to running a multiple 6 figure business.
- Why focusing on your value-add over your outcome is a proven model that she successfully repeated over and over again.
- Jill’s pen name she used starting out because she was too afraid to be herself and why it is very normal to resist stepping into your full potential.
- Why you cannot compare your step 1 to their step 16.
- Why so many people like the idea of entrepreneurship more than they like the reality of it, and tools you can use to make sure you don’t stop yourself before you start.
- The thing Jill wish she would have known 7 years ago before starting multiple successful businesses.
- Why you don’t need millions of dollars to behave the way you want to feel.
- Why alignment will always outperform a hustle.
- So many people busy their way through their days because space forces you to ask big questions of yourself and once you ask the big questions, you have to be prepared to answer them and make big decisions.
- Why making decisions solely on chasing money will never create fulfillment.
- How to make the right decision when things are seemingly ‘right’ so you can move beyond fear and into alignment.
- Why you have to face fear in order to move through it and the damage you do when you talk yourself out of your dreams.
- And much much more!
I really hope this interview will light a spark in you as you think ahead to what want your life to look like a year from now. Perhaps that’s pretty similar to where it is today, or perhaps there’s some improvements you want to make.
I will share my reflections on this year and intentions for the year to come in the next post, so I will see you all very soon.
We’d love to know in the comments below what you learned from Jill!
Here’s to making the decisions that are right for you,
– Chelsea Dinsmore