Congratulations to everyone who hosted a meetup last month! We hope you all had an awesome time giving and being grateful, and came up with some great ideas for service projects for the 2017 World Party!
This month our theme is Celebration. This is an opportunity to celebrate all the amazing accomplishments you’ve all achieved this year, all the friendships you’ve made, and all the other things you’re grateful for.
Instead of doing your standard “gather and discuss” meetup, why not shake it up a little? Do something fun and social as a group: have a potluck, go to a restaurant, go bowling, do Laser Tag, have a picnic, go for a hike, take a road trip… whatever you can come up with that would be different and fun for the group, and a way to bond together on a whole different level.
Below are all the instructions you need to be best prepared, and where you will find the Agenda and Guidance for downloading (we are providing the agenda in full here, too):
A Note on Creating Your Monthly Facebook Event
If you haven’t already, create your next event in your Local Facebook Group:
- Go to your Local Facebook Group
- Click on Events at the top
- Click on Create Event on the right hand side
- Add an event photo (the group photo from last month works well)
- Add in title – “LYL Local December Meetup – Celebration”
- Add in all other details – location, date, time, etc.
- Add a description:
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” –Oprah Winfrey
Join us as we celebrate all of our amazing achievements, relationships, joys and growth, honor our setbacks and struggles, and look forward to an amazing year ahead.
- Create your event (make sure you have ticked “invite all members of LYL Local to your event”)
- Celebrate as people decide to join you
Below is some optional guidance to set you up for success for the meetup and to enable you to effectively facilitate discussions.
- Let the participants know in your local Facebook group that this month you will be focusing on building connection skills.
- Follow set agenda below (always optional).
- Have an amazing time with your participants.
- Check-in and Mingling [10 minutes]
- Host Introduction(s) [5 minutes] –
Introduce yourself and share about the LYL movement and the purpose of the meetup (i.e. to support each other in doing work that matters). Feel free in this part to touch on the vision that Scott had and how together we are going to continue to grow that legacy. That together we really can change the world.
- Take a photo of your group – to later share globally [5 minutes]
- Introduce the topic of the evening – Celebration!
- Have everyone take a turn to tell the group what they are celebrating in 2016.
- Here’s where you do the fun stuff! Enjoy!
- Accountability Actions – have everyone share the action(s) they are going to take between now and the next meetup
- Share the date/venue for next meetup
- Mix and Mingle – allow participants to connect with each other
- Celebrate – You are an amazing host. Take a moment to celebrate yourself and your achievements. What you have just done is nothing short of incredible!
- Follow Up – Make a post in your Local Facebook group sharing how much you enjoyed the evening. Ask the group to share what they committed to at the event.
- Share – Log on to your Local and Global Group Facebook Page and share your group photo
- Share – Log on to your Global Hosts Facebook group and share your favorite moment/lessons learned
- Reflect on your evening – What was your favorite moment? What do you think could be done better
- Complete this short questionnaire so LYL HQ knows what is happening
- Celebrate YOU again – you are a rockstar!
Host Agenda and Instructions
Host Agenda and Instructions