04 Sep Step #1: Find One Person Who Inspires You
I live by this quote.
Like, literally I do.
In fact, let’s read it again for good measure: “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”
I believe there is no more powerful life hack in the history of the world than the people you choose to surround yourself with. Start a business, change careers, lose 50 pounds, run a marathon. No matter what you’re looking to do, the people change everything. And the beauty of it is that who we choose to hang out with (or choose not to) is 100% in our control.
That is why my team and I have poured our heart and soul into creating How to Connect with Anyone – a course and tight-knit community dedicated to surrounding yourself with the people who refuse to let you fail. We even hand place you into your own mastermind & accountability teams with other like-minded members, so you have a new support team from day one.
Step #1: Find One Person Who Inspires You – and hang out with them!
Meeting and interacting with inspiring people was the single biggest factor that allowed me to find and do work I love. I’ve always kept a journal of everyone I come across who does something I admire. Over time I built up an unbelievable list of possibilities. That lead to more experiments, and those experiments eventually lead me to Live Your Legend.
The tragedy is that with over 80% of people are not happy with the work they do. That means most of the people around us do anything but inspire possibility. So we have to take conscious steps to move away from them and towards those who support and encourage our big ideas. The best way to kick a bad habit, is to replace it with a new healthier one. Same with people.
I know that can be a big process. As always, the key is to start small – with one person:
- Think about the people in your life. Who do you look up to? Who do you admire, or maybe even envy (in a healthy, excited way)? We all have at least one person – a friend, colleague, family member. Or maybe a friend of a friend through someone else in your life.
- Pick one of those people and make a conscious effort this week to hang out with them – invite them to a lunch or a workout or just give them a call. Maybe even tell them your plan to transform your surroundings and that they’re high on the list.
- Can’t think of someone? First try harder. If that doesn’t work, then go to where the inspiring people hang out. Find an event in town, join a group on Meetup.com or check out craigslist. Every town, big or small, has a ton of options.
- And to start even smaller, watch a video or TED talk – the easiest way on the planet to surround yourself with inspiration!
- Reserve an hour this week to find that one person and spend a little time with them. See what happens.
It’s sometimes hard to believe how simple this stuff is, and how world-changing it can be.
I know it has been for me.
Remember, environment is everything. And it’s 100% in your control.
You don’t have to take a course to transform your surroundings, but if you’d like some specific guidance, I have a feeling our Connect with Anyone family could help. There’s never any pressure to buy anything we create, and please only consider joining if you really plan to use the course and participate in the community, and only if it makes financial sense.
So…are you proud of your average 5?
Step #1: Find One Person Who Inspires You (here’s how + book giveaway) | Internet Biz ListPosted at 09:29h, 04 September
[…] Step #1: Find One Person Who Inspires You (here’s how + book giveaway) at Live Your […]
DavisPosted at 11:36h, 04 September
This is such a great continuation from last night’s webinar.
ScottPosted at 12:39h, 04 September
Glad you liked it – and that you joined last night! More fun coming soon…
5 Steps to Find & Befriend Your ‘Dream Connections’: Deciding Who You Want In Your Corner | Live Your LegendPosted at 10:13h, 06 September
[…] this week we talked about finding one person who inspires you, and that’s the perfect place to […]
http://earthboundelements.com/Posted at 05:41h, 10 January
Hey There. I found your weblog the use of msn. That is a very
neatly written article. I’ll make sure to
bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful
information. Thank you for the post. I’ll definitely return.
My blog page about modern technology: back pain chair upside down – http://earthboundelements.com/,
The world of knowledgePosted at 11:59h, 08 August
[…] Go hang out with someone who inspires you, and maybe even fire some toxic friends (they could literally be killing […]